Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jerry's Wrath

Well, we know who isn't going to be poisoned by Jerry's nefarious scheme.  Anna and Luke are undercover - probably literally before we are done - in Switzerland.  Spinelli is in route to the frozen north in what seemed to be the least believable reason to write someone out of this storyline.    Would there really be anything to find in Alaska after all these years assuming Ewen and Jax were there at the same time?  Finally, Trey and Kristina have eloped to Vegas.  I'm figuring Starr and Michael have shaken Michael's bodyguard by now and are chasing down the soon-to-be newlyweds.  I laughed when Sonny put Milo, personally, on Kristina's safety.  Honestly, Sonny, don't you know by now that a 2 year old could get by Milo?

This saves a few people from Jerry's wrath and gives them some other storylines to interject during the drama in Port Charles.  The real question that remains is WHY?  Why is Jerry doing this?  He says for money but given his dreadful cough and his insinuations about his health and I can't see why a dying man would be doing it for the money.  He's got to be looking for a cure for what ails him or for revenge.

Unbeknownst to Jerry, one of his victims will be his brother, Jax.  I was less than thrilled to see Jax return.  I suppose it was inevitable but let's make it quick, shall we?  He's already been arrogant and judgmental.  I don't want Jerry to kill him just get him out of town.

A delightful surprise is Tracy's fling with Joe She-doesn't-even-know-his-last-name.  I know Joe is scum but it really is a shame.  I can't see a way to redeem the murderer and rapist though it has certainly been done before.  What amazes me is the idea that Sonny wouldn't have investigated what Joe has been doing all these years just taking Joe's word that Kate's baby died.  Joe was convincing but Sonny should know better.  I also don't get how Kate has no more remorse over the baby.  I know she wasn't herself yet this should be almost crippling to think you killed your own child.  Dr.  Kennan just isn't that good.

As for Dr. Kennan, it didn't take much to transform his pretty face in the devil, did it?  Olivia has a whole new angle as a pychic.  Would someone please fix her hair?  I get it that she doesn't want to do it herself what with seeing Heather staring back at her in the mirror, but couldn't Connie run a comb through that mess?  I'm not used to seeing Olivia anything but put together.

The most puzzling thing in this storyline to me is why Todd would sell the cable station so suddenly.  A suitcase full of money would be appealing to anyone but you've got to know there is something illegal going on and Todd is rich.  It isn't like he needed the money.  It would have been a better story if they had given him a reason to need the cash.  I get it that Todd will do practically anything but everyone has to have a motive to commit a crime which Todd must surely know he is doing on some level.

The entire story is gripping. I was on the edge of my seat when Alexis and Joss' fever's broke.  I knew they weren't being killed off but I was still wondering.  I bet there will be a few more of these moments before we are through.

No comments:

Post a Comment