Monday, August 6, 2012

Jerry's Back

I got one right!  Jerry is Robin's kidnapper.  Jerry is a super villion and not just because almost no one is beyond his aim.  He is super to watch, too.  Now what does he have on Ewan that would make him kidnap his co-worker, stage her death and lie to her husband, his patient and lie to his girlfriend, Robin's best friend?  Well, it could be anything seeing as we know next to nothing about Ewan.  Actually now that I think of it, I should have been expecting bad things from him for a long time.  He is a man of mystery after all.  Really, I  never cared much for this character.  He is just now getting interesting.  The only thing that would have made this story about Robin's fake death more interesting is if they hadn't shown her to us so soon after her 'death.'  We needed to grieve too in order to really appreciate the surprise.

Another character that is holding my interest these day is Trey.  It is pretty sad when you care more about Trey than Kristina who we watched grow up.  This is not a reflection on the actress but on casting and writing.  At least this horrid reality show is kaput.  I was again surprised today when Trey confided in Starr and bonus points to him for questioning his dad.  He should be wondering why his Dad suddenly wants revenge and his family fortune back after all these years.  Apparently, he had been perfectly content in New Orleans not worrying one bit about what Sonny was doing until he landed in jail. This should be a serious red flag for Trey who is proving to be worthy of his Ivy League education.  He is going to need this to get by Sonny who is already suspicious of him and will be even more so if Trey and Kristina get engaged.  Trey better go for an elopement.

That little Aiden is so cute.  I hope we see more of him.  Less of Elizabeth and Jason, thank you.  I just don't like them as a couple - friends, fine - but not a couple.  Sam though is so much more interesting with McBain perhaps because John can carry on a conversation.  I like Jason but I love watching John McBain.  I do give Natalie points for hiding his passport.  That was genius.  No matter what he did, taking his son out of the country was wrong though.

Bring me a tall glass of lemonade and not because it was hot outside.  It was plenty hot inside.  Watching Shawn play pool is something I hope gets repeated.  All the scenes at the Floating Rib were welcome entertainment last week, but what happened with the woman who jumped in Shawn's arms just as Alexis was about to ask him out?  I want to see Alexis and Shawn together particularly so Carly can see what she missed out on by picking Johnny.

I used to love Johnny. I still like watching him and hope for his redemption but his cavalier interest in Olivia's condition was just the final straw.  And why is Olivia still not out of her drug induced coma?  It's time to get her up and moving around and testifying against Crazy.  With Jerry back, I think Heather definitely needs to go.  She was fun but one mania running around Port Charles is enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment