Monday, July 11, 2011

Family Court

Even while blackmailing the court's mediator for taking a bribe, Sonny couldn't help but chastise her for not getting enough money out of Jax.  I loved it...to a point.

They have been building this custody battle for months now and it comes down to a very one-sided hearing in a judges chambers.  Why didn't Carly get Diane to petition the court for a proper hearing after Jax got a new lawyer?  She knows she is at a disadvantage already.  And where were her witnesses?

And then there was Brenda.  With enemies like Brenda, Carly doesn't need to worry about the mob.  As Carly said, Brenda could babble on fast enough about a shooting that no one had to know about.  Brenda had plenty of known events she could have talked about if asked.  Now I can see why Brenda has a score to settle, but this isn't the place to do it.

I think it is very common knowledge the Jax portrayer has been let go and the character will be written out at least for now.  If you had asked me for three main characters to get rid of months ago, I would have said without hesitation:  Brenda, Jax and Nicholas.  I've never liked any of them - the characters, that is.

Nicholas and Jax are entitled and they have the arrogance that goes with it.  They think they can throw their money at any problem and solve it.  These are just not identifiable traits.  I'll talk about Brenda another time; she gets a post all her own.

So whatever happens to Jax is fine with me.  I don't think Carly is the best mother in the world and I certainly think her children are at risk in Sonny and Jason's world but as she keeps saying, Jax knew that going in.  I don't care how much money you have, you don't get to change the rules in the middle of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment